I have spent my career preparing for this, first as a local journalist covering City Hall and the community and then as director of the Downtown business improvement district.
I have built a reputation as a trusted "go-to" guy for information and to get things done -- whether it's a dispute over a City bill or a challenging neighbor, navigating City Hall, vital information in an emergency like the Thomas Fire, or cleaning up our parks and Promenade.
I will make sure everyone's voice is heard. I am the only candidate who lives and works in District 1. Every day.
Many Council members step up when they are retired. I am a proud working parent and Avenue homeowner who has volunteered and contributed to many community organizations. The skill I have which will serve me best as a Council member is my ability to build bridges and relationships and work with others to achieve measurable results. Accountability and responsiveness are critical to excellence in public service.
You have to build partnerships to get things done on a 7-member Council, perhaps now more than ever with the creation of District Elections. No candidate will be more more prepared or has a greater passion for Ventura and a desire to create new, common-ground opportunities to improve and protect our town.
My family lives here, my employees live here, my 8-year-old daughter deserves to inherit a Ventura that is safer, cleaner and more economically vital than it is today.
I am devoted, accessible and eager to work for the residents of the city I call home. Now is the time for Ventura to step up and lead.
- Executive Director, Downtown Ventura Partners
- President, Ventura Community Partners Foundation
- Board, Ventura Botanical Gardens
- Board, Ventura Chamber of Commerce
- Appointed to Board, Ventura County Continuum of Care
- Appointed to Board, Ventura Mental Health Advisory Board
- Member, Ventura Homeless Stakeholder Group
- Chair, Downtown Parking Advisory Committee
- Founding Board, Rainbow Umbrella
- Contributor, Friends of the Ventura River
- Co-Chair, ArtWalk Ventura
- Co-Chair, Measure O Campaign
- Co-Chair, Local Steering Committee for Amgen Tour of California - Ventura Stage
- Former Rotarian